Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Welcome to our fair village. No StAr SyStEm. Village. StAr SyStEm.

Yo! Dorothy! You ain't in Kansas anymore. You in college. You also in the Art Department. And guess what that means, suckah. Yeah.

#1: Your world now consists only of your bedroom, the city bus, the far corner of the university bookstore, and Cadwallader Art Center. If the art people had their way, your world wouldn't also consist of the LS Hall and your writing class, but it does.

#2: Your time is now devoted solely to homework. Yep, that means that the Friday you thought you had off. Uh-uh. You're still gonna be bussin in and punchin' your 9-5. Saturdays too, seeing as you insist on observing Sundays traditionally. We'll have to cure that eventually.

#3: You don't know anyone in the Art Center, and anybody you do know is taking classes all the way across campus, and you'll never see them.

#4: Your professors swear, and paint pictures that make a mockery of the Bible. Also, you'll have to learn the Art professor's language.

#5: All those "Mariner Late Nights", excercise classes, and anything else recreational? Forget it. Oh, and those long "breaks"? They're for catching up in your writing class, if you aren't too far behind in art. Eventually you'll end up living and even sleeping in the Art building, unless you make a friend who has a nearby apartment who will let you use their couch.

So... what does this mean for the blog? I suspect that I won't be able to post a whole lot, but I am not quitting blogging. Even if it is just linking to YouTubes until something better comes along, the Gunfighter shall prevail!!!!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha I think somebody warned you of this long before you began this semester... If you needto vent about the profs, let me know. Know your Faith and defend it well. You can do it.

8:24 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Darselo said...

Yeah, I've been warned. And I've seen the light- I changed my major from Art to undecided. Graphic Design might still happen, but not at GVSU. I'm completely out of the Art program, and I'm much happier, even though I'll be playing catch-up with my new classes, and I can't switch if I get a bad prof or something.

8:57 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Erika said...

but i thought u loved art...i'm confused. also, ugh, now i forgot what i was gonna say!!

10:23 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger James w. Lanning said...

welcome to college, youngster.

3:59 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Darselo said...

Erika: I like art, LOVE design, and HATE being brainwashed. It's basically the Mafia in there. I'll get into details in my next posting, which will happen after I write the 1,250 word paper I am assigned for Wednesday. But do not weep for me- I can wear slogans on my shirts!!!!

James: Thanks and, conversely, welcome to the blog old timer.

10:03 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger scarlatti said...

hey, good luck in the big (bad) world... i know you'll succeed!!! so yay!!! up and at 'em!!!

10:36 AM, September 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen...hang in there hon...that's life...college is nothing like high school...lol...it's cool in its own way, though

6:54 AM, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home