Thursday, February 08, 2007

All My Life's a Circle...

...sunrise and sundown. ~Harry Chapin.
I (although I could be doing more productive things like the homework I've been freaking out about all day, or, even better, sleeping) have been reading the archives. And I have come to the conclusion that my life pretty much runs in a circular pattern. It starts off with hope and happiness, goes to despair, stress, and a ton of homework, even more despair and stress, mostly brought on by my bad time mangagement (see first sentance), then things start looking up, hope returns and happiness ensues, until another crushing blow falls upon me. It is a viscious cycle, and no wonder I've gotten so cynical, pessimistic and escapist. And- since I'm a good little Anthropology and Sociology student- I know this isn't my fault, it's the result of the the horrible American culture creating an environment that is influencing me. Seriously- all those classes consist of is the implied understanding that white American culture is of no value, that no other culture in the world is capable of doing anything wrong, and that, quite possibly, nobody has a right to say anything is "right" or "wrong." Bah. A pox on college, and on American culture, which encourages people to attend it. And now to bed, where I should have been 2 hours ago.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was up w/ you darlin...well, i was up too....finishing homework i had put off all day.....

i think all government/econ classes are like that in college...basically anybody who isnt white can do no wrong, and we while jerks ruined everyone else's life so we should have to pay for it

7:46 AM, February 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, i think im going to give university a miss and just go into the glorious calling of being a hobo...

10:21 AM, February 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's never as bad as I make it out to be, really. And I have been chastized for being unduly whiny in my posts- so from now on I will take a more encouraging perspective. Although there is much to be said for the hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and I am looking into it. If you do decide to give college a miss, you could try falling in with them. The San/Bushmen they are called, and you're pretty close to their territory.

5:20 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Erika said...

uppppppppppppdate...

7:37 PM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will soon, I promise. I'm planning on treating you all to my one and only sonnet.

5:16 PM, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home