Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday a la Mode

Well, as of two days ago chalk up one more hit for the Ventures Christmas Album. Some Dutchman was looking for it on *dah dum* company time. Well, if you one of these European Ventures fans, I highly reccomend this album, it is a showcase of quality musicianship, but you'll have better luck finding it on E-bay. Unless... I'll burn you a copy for $3 and some of your chocolate. Deal?

Anyways, it has been a Monday of note. Lake-effect snow has made walking somewhat of a challenge. I really must give up my scruples and wear a hat and scarf, dorkiness regardless. Hip waders might be a good option too, since the college snow shovelers can't prioritize. There's this lovely bare patch in front of the near-deserted student services building, while the hugely traffiked walkway between Mak and Man is nothing more than a swamp of slush. My jeans are suffering.
As is my pride. I have no wish to see the insides of Manitou again until next semester. Twice, TWICE today I have had the person behind me in line need to point out an open computer that I had totally missed. Bad enough. Then, as I was getting up to leave I stepped on the backpack of the chump sitting next to me, which has sneakily fallen against my chair. The combination of the uneven footing with my haste to get off said backpack before I destroyed a senior thesis or something slowly pushed me off balance, the plastic chair I grabbed did nothing in the way of support, and together we made a nice, curling slow-motion fall. In the middle of the packed-to-the-gills computer lab. Ugh. The chump asked me if I was okay. Well, I kind of laughed, but there is no recovering from something like that. I wrestled my coat on and fled.
So here I am, wasting time in my Writing class. My Spanish class was cancelled. Which I should be happy about, only it was fiesta day today, and I am carrying $4 of now-useless Salsa con Queso in my backpack. The buying of said Salsa con Queso was the cause of some familial friction, so I am a little miffed at it all being for naught. Oh well, at least I can go home and drown my sorrow in some authentic imitation Mexican food.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooh save some for me...sorry you had such a terrible day...if it makes you feel any better, i've had a pretty awful....

******CHEER UP!*****
christmas break is ALMOST here

thank goodness
i dont think i'd make it much longer

5:30 PM, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home