Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's a mad, music loving world out there...

I've had site feed for a couple months now, and it's pretty much great. It satisfies my stalker tendancies... oh... heheh... *ahem* ... that is to say, my curiosity. No really, don't wory, I just really wanted to know if anyone reads this blog. Turns out there's a few of you that do. It's pretty gratifying, now I just wanna know who reads my blog with the Cornerstone server. And how the guy from Hawaii that's a member of the Indiana Smallmouth Forums ever found my blog. That was pretty random- he linked to my Right Brothers post, and I guess he thought it was funny that I posted about smallmouth bass and right wing punk rock in one post or something. Anways my post went against their Religion and Politics taboo, so the link was removed, but that was a record week for hits. Interestingly enough, the majority of unknown hits have been people looking up obscure music titles, Europeans in particular. (And on company time too- they've all been on company computers.) I've gotten hits for my random mentionings of The Ventures Christmas Album, Aeslin Debelin, and Mannaheim Steamroller, among other things. It's quite odd. Maybe I would have better success if I started a music database. Or maybe it's just that music is an important part of my life, and is therefore given a prominant role in my blog. I would say that it's the latter, particularly since I was spurred to a post by finding an absolute gem on You Tube yesterday. It's one of those videos that you just have to see to believe. Somehow, this song called "I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman" (batman being some kind of commando soldier thing) went pretty high up on the charts in the 60's. The funky thing, besides the title, is that the main instrument is a human whistle. The success of this song suprised the producers, who quickly hired a poster boy for the song. Thus Whistling Jack Smith was born. One fine day, when my dad's neurons were in particularly fine form, he remembered this hero of his youth, and purchased the record. Yes, the vinyl. Much of best and brightest of our family's collective music collection can be found on records. There's always something special about playing records. Songs just don't sound the same without the crackle. Anyways, I digress. The record was chock full of Whistling Jack goodness, and as I was idly browsing YouTube yesterday, I made this startling discovery:

DISCLAIMER: THIS SONG HAS DANGEROUSLY HIGH POTENTIAL TO GET STUCK IN YOUR HEAD. AS THIS KIND OF SONG GOES, IT IS UPBEAT AND MOST PEOPLE DO NOT FIND IT ANNOYING, BUT I DECIDED TO WARN YOU ANYWAY.



Pretty vintage, no? He's actually kind of cute, in that 60's kind of way. Probably ain't so cute now though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats hilarious!

12:10 PM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home