Saturday, December 24, 2005

A van der Beanie Christmas...

Being that this is probably my family's favorite Christmas song (note: I didn't say carol) and that we listen to this song on a record, one can reasonably conclude that my family likes music that isn't quite ordinary. Our favorite Christmas album happens to be by the Ventures. They take perfectly normal and legit Christmas carols and blend in songs like Tequila and My Marie to make a lovely instrumental collection. They were geniuses on guitar, they really were. Get the album from the library sometime. And visit that link.
I don't care what anybody says about the overcommercialization of Christmas, I still get a warm fuzzy feeling from carols, family, whoopee pies and hot chocolate. I love lights, making Christmas stuff, poinsettas and snow. I love having at least one chapter of the Bible memorized by New Years because it gets read so much. I love candycanes. So there.
And I think it is utterly ridiculous that the mega-churches are closing for Christmas on Sunday. In their own peculiar language: It's Christ's party. You're invited. It's at HIS house. Savvy?

2 Comments:

Blogger scarlatti said...

hey, you sound so funny! christmas is not my thing, not really. i prefer like, i dunno, valentines or um, thanksgiving. our family doesnt do christmas. oh well, saith i. but its a nice thought you have there... candy canes... hot chocolate... mmmmm!

3:28 PM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Darselo said...

I will take that "funny" business as a compliment, seeing as I have decided to make that the purpose of this blog-to entertain by telling all humorous tales I experience or come across, and make people think sometimes... My family gives a nice cozy half-hearted attempt at all the major holidays.

5:19 PM, December 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home