Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm sitting here at my aunt's house, watching Lions and recovering from what I now realize was a scoop too many of mashed potatoes. Soft drinks happen to be a good cure for this, btw. Lions are loosing, par normal. The sad thing is that this year they are even loosing the shoving matches... Anyways, I'm really posting to do kind of a Thanksgiving sermon recap. We had some minister from New Zealand, and he brought out some really good points that I think are really worth mentioning here. For instance, do you grumble when you are brushing snow off your windshield at 6 in the morning before you head for work? You shouldn't- there are plenty of people who would love to have your job, or any job. There are people who would love to even have a car. Are you grateful that you had the privilege to wake up, and didn't die during the night? How about your food? Did you make a big fuss over pineapples in the jello or lumpy potatoes? Because 30,000 kids died today for lack of food. Have you ever really thanked God for the things you take for granted? There was a great verse that the minister quoted to describe America. In II Timothy somewhere. I'll look it up and put it on here in it's entirety. The context was describing a people who were proud, covetous and unthankful. And that's us. We are the people who COMPLAIN when CHARITY comes too slowly. We are the society that think we DESERVE the good life. Pfft. Sad. And I include myself under that. I take a TON of things for granted. I complain a LOT. I will never understand how people can say they turned away from God because He didn't help them, didn't seem to care. Every person ever born owes God thanks for something, if only for being born and having the chance to serve Him. Even the bad can have some good in it. Fire serves to purify gold. Find that gold, and be grateful. Oh, and on a lighter note, I hope you have/had a great Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

word...good post.

3:35 PM, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home