Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Oh lands, what a day!

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day
Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carrying on
You had a bad day
You had a bad day
Daniel Powter
Bad Day

I had a bad bad bad day today, so I am going to indulge in a half-hour of self-pity, if no one minds. I need to get out all of the drama and mental agony. So, in numerical (and mostly chronological order)
THE BAD

  1. I got somewhere around 5 hours and 40 minutes of sleep last night, and my cat woke me up 5 minutes early.
  2. Had to wear the sweater that makes me look fat b/c it has a bulgy front pocket, b/c it is the only shirt that matches my favorite skirt.
  3. Found large hole caused by unravelling in sweater. Was able to fix, but that is 3 minutes less for my hair and threw my delicate schedule off.
  4. Gout (*Note, no names on here are real.) hugged me today at Technically a Career/Trade Center (TCTC). Grossed and Freaked out. Listen buster: Talking to you does not make me a potential love interest, I have tried to make it clear by blatantly ignoring you and shunning contact but I AM NOT INTERESTED. BACK OFF!!!!!!! I would hate to be expelled for slapping a person, but if it happens again I am willing to risk it.
  5. Talked to Great Depression State University (GDSU) rep at college expo at TCTC, and found out that I can't get in the December scholarship competition, which supposedly has an advantage over January and Febuary.
  6. Forgot gum and had egg and coffee breath.
  7. Got to school, got in Government class, realized there was quiz on newspaper articles I hadn't read. And just when my grade was back up to an A. I know I got at least 1 question and the essay wrong. Then, we were assigned a 200 word essay on the Reality and Racism video we had to watch. Then assigned study guide 7.2, plus quiz.
  8. Got involved in racism discussion which made me late for class. Teacher said she would excuse.
  9. Get to next class, get 3rd tardy, which is a demerit. Supposedly I freaked out, but I didn't think it was that bad. Explained somewhat about the excuse, didn't get far. Everyone got a good laugh. Deportista: "Your face is red." Me: "Uh, kinda realize that. Thanks ever so much." Then, remember that we have a devotions quiz. And by that I mean test. And by that I mean about 20 essay questions. And by that I mean a SORE SORE hand. Not to mention my poor brain.
  10. Study hall passed and noon hour comes. Approach the Dyke about the tardy. "Oh I can't excuse that!" Huh? When she promised she would? Anyway, too shocked at the injustice to fight it much, too busy fighting tears. (I tear up quite quickly in such situations. Which is wierd, because I usually don't cry for the really bad stuff. But stupid little thinegs set me off.) Anyways, I run to the library to try and get control, but loose it again walking into lunch room, so quick duck in next room where some of my friends were and talked it out a bit and finally got control. I HATE crying in public.
  11. Get back from lunch to find detention slip and slip asking me to see Mr. Buzz.
  12. See Mr. Buzz, he has the lines I am supposed to read with a microphone tommorow night at the Music Night. With I microphone. I knew it was stupid even when I signed up to do it. WHY DO I LET MYSELF TALK MYSELF INTO THINGS!!!?!?!?!?! Oh yeah... I needed the extra credit in Bible class.... Esp. with that quiz tommorow.
  13. Off the hook for detention, but get a whole new round of mockery in Spanish. Thanks Brooke. Thanks a lot. You too Devious. And a test tomorrow.
  14. Accounting Test. Never figured out where you round. Not good.
  15. Total homework tally: Government Essay, Quiz and study guide, Bible Quiz/Test, Spanish Test, Brit Lit Reading and Questions, practice lines.

The Good

Some good things did happen... I guess.

  1. Got my notepads back at TCTC.
  2. Mom made me an egg sandwich for the second day in a row for breakfast, plus a nice warm cappucino. LUV YA MOM!
  3. Mom also got in touch with the GDSU admissions, and supposedly I won't loose too much by missing December and I'm all but accepted to boot.
  4. I got out of the demerit.
  5. I got to eat a Dove chocolate!
  6. I got an A+ on the last Spanish quiz.

I hope this makes you feel that you had a good day. Now it's off to work with me, on that essay. I'll post it on here if it turns out any good. Racism is a subject I've been wanting to touch on anyways...

2 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Aww, poor Darci...Mr Buzz?? lol, i was CRACKING up at all your names in here!!

1:58 PM, December 03, 2005  
Blogger Darselo said...

It's a good time coming up w/ them. I'm a little paranoid after that assembly, so I am trying to live in relative obscurity :D

6:59 PM, December 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home