Saturday, December 24, 2005

Top Holiday Songs

While we are on Christmas, I suppose I had better make a list. The subject? My personal favorites in the Christmas song department. I will limit myself to 15, and they do not go in any particular order.
  1. Christmas Bells - The Royal Guardsmen (not complete w/out first listening to the 2 songs preceding it on the record, as well as the band's comic spoof of WWI radio.
  2. Sleigh Ride- The Ventures (they can make guitars hit some pretty low notes)
  3. O Holy Night- Various (it needs a voice- its not as good instrumentally)
  4. Silver Bells- Various (the older versions, Bing's and the Supremes' I think)
  5. The Merry Christmas Polka- Forgot (get sugar high, grab a sibling, and polka)
  6. Silent Night- Various (i guess my fave is the one w/ the low voiced lady who keeps throwing in "well it was a..." but is so easy to harmonize to)
  7. What Child is This/Greensleves- Various (only hear it once a year)
  8. We Three Kings- Manaheim Steam Roller (just so cool)
  9. Adorar al Nino- Various (sing in Spanish, sticks in the head)
  10. Ukranian Bell Carol- Various (hard to play, even with lower-level music)
  11. Please Christmas Don't Be Late- Alvin and the Chipmunks (fun to sing to)
  12. Ring the Bells- Various (sooo pretty)
  13. While Shepards Watched their Flocks By Night- Various
  14. You Yust Go Nuts At Christmas- Forgot
  15. The Gift- Aselin Debelin? (Makes me cry every time I hear it, which isn't often. It's a happily ever after Carolina!!!!!! )

One more list, this time of favorite Christmas artists.

  1. Manaheim Steamroller
  2. Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  3. The Louvin Brothers
  4. The Ventures
  5. Booker T and the MGs

With that, I wish you all a happy blessed Christmas and the ability to feel like a kid again for one day. To be able to lay down responsibilities and worries and participate fully in whatever celebrations you take part in.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Adorar!! SUCH a good song!! I don't know the gift, but if it ends happily ever after then its ok:-) Omg, I laughed SOOOOOO many times reading your bittersweet post!! literally out loud!! Poor Darcy. or darci? sorry, I forgot!! I'm a horrid person!! Anyway though, all those stories made my day.

8:12 PM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger scarlatti said...

you really get into christmas dont you? i dont really like christmas music at all, cept a few songs here and there...nope, im not a christmas freak.

9:17 PM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Darselo said...

I guess something about the concept gets me... If it helps any I'm a huge 4th of July freak too. Fireworks!!!! *evil grin*

8:57 AM, December 26, 2005  
Blogger Darselo said...

Oh, and Darci is right and noo prob. At least you are in the ballpark, and not throwing out Darla or Dorothy or something....

8:58 AM, December 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, I have found it!!! The near mythical blog of the esteemed Darcello (Darsello? Darselo??) VanderBeanie. It has taken me simply years blah blah blah. Whats up Darselo? I finally found your blog. And, I have something to comment on. Christmas music is strange. It is, in its own way, almost depressing, for it attempts to force people into a cheerful mood. I prefer my music dark and filled with despair (ie, Linkin Park, heavy metal) or light and filled with depression (Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Greenday) or light and carefree (Yellowcard, Bowling for Soup.) But to each their own, as they say. Merry Christmas and New YEar thingy.

12:06 PM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home