Saturday, January 28, 2006

Why'd ya have to go and make things so complicated?

Ahhh... big sigh of relief. Half of my pre-college stress is OVVVVEEEERR!!!!! BOOYAH! I got my scholarship competition over with today, and while I probably wasn't the brightest crayon in the Presidential Scholarship box, I at least have $4200 which is somewhere around 2/3 of tuition, so I'm good. I'll probably get a little more than that, although I'm not counting on a full ride since I'm not a minority from la Ciudad de Motors. We had to write an essay, and I chose the death-penalty question. I think I did ok, although in retrospect I realize I didn't come back to the original issue in my conclusion. My content was pretty good though. The interviews also went pretty good, I think. I found out that they will pay me to proofread and critique people's writing... *Evil laugh* I probably will never be a really good writer, I mean REALLY good, but I can tell what is good writing and what is not. I've got an eye for it too. When I read books I notice when they forget their end quotes. Drives me nuts. So I came out of the whole shebang a lot more optimistic about college, $3000 richer, and a new appreciation for Italian dressing. And soooo much less stress. I am not going to do one more scholarship essay until next year. So there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Italian dressing??

10:03 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Erika said...

Ooh, and congrats on the scholarship $$!!

10:03 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Darselo said...

Thanx, first of all :D They served us a salad as part of the formal lunch, but only gave us raspberry vinagrette, ranch and Italian dressing. I myself am a French person, and I do not like raspberry vinagrette as it is too sour and does horrific things to Banquet dresses. So I chose Italian as the lesser of the evils, and it was pretty good.

4:48 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home