Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Measures of...

So yeah... as occasionally happens, I fell into a bit of a transcendental state last night- something about a dark campus, I guess. Just to warn you, then, this post is a bit random and maybe pointless, but it's deep man, it's deep. Anyway, here's the thing chronologically. I was getting out of accounting class at roughly 8:30, and the guy who sits behind me and I both had questions for the prof. He got there first, talked, and left, and then I asked my question, exchanged some pleasantries, then left. By this time there was just a small trickle of people leaving the building, and once we got into the straightaway I was able to see the guy who sits behind me walking ahead of me. Roughtly... oh, I dunno... 75-100 feet ahead of me? Anyways, I got to thinking that that 100 feet represented the minute and a quarterish that I had spent talking to the prof. Within the spacing lay a conversation-- it was a measure of time really, not distance. So yeah, my deep, meaningless insight. Alas, it will go to waste because I don't have a writing class to draw it out in, but it really was striking for some reason- that the distance = my conversation... And that's really all that's new. Except that I'm working on preparing my mental state for a canoe trip this Saturday. If I anticipate getting tipped, maybe I can even look forward to it... or--dare I say it-- not mind?!

1 Comments:

Blogger tmarie said...

something that deep must have a reason in the big scheme of things ;)....and you enjoyed the canoe trip...you KNOW it...all that mental anguish for nothing :D

8:00 AM, September 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home